Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Holiday Cards: Input and Enter!

The holidays are quickly upon us. Ok, wait, no, I am not normally a person who thinks about the holidays well before Thanksgiving, but since this year I want to print and sell holiday cards, I thought it would probably be good to get started. But I must admit, it's been pretty hard to get into that mode while it's still seventy degrees outside.

So, here is the deal. I need help deciding which to print. So here is how you come in. Vote for your favorite (or favorites!) using the poll on the right hand side of the blog and then comment below with your email address or email me your contact information, and you can be entered to win a set of 10 hand printed holiday cards. (In addition to voting, comments are also welcome).

Please also contact me if you would be interested in preordering at a discount.

These cards will be flat and sized at 8.5 x 3.67 inches and silkscreen printed and come with envelopes.



Ornaments
printed on brown chipboard.



Bulbs
printed on white cardstock.



Deer
printed on brown chipboard.

Please also pass this link along to your friends. Thank you so much for your input! Please enter by this Sunday, October 5. Thank you!

P.S. While voting for the cards, make sure you are registered to vote by clicking the link directly below my poll!



20 comments:

Ashley Remignanti said...

Hi B! I love the bulbs, they're those unsafe, hot, big lights we used to string inside when I was a kid. I'd love to win, so enter me! I'll email you about an order, too. Great cards!

arianna said...

i love them all, and i LOVE the first two, but i'm thinking the Christmas lights might be too...denominational? is that a word? i think that one is my favorite, but a veryveryvery close second is the ornaments, and i like the message on it & i think it's very classy & classic & pretty. so i put my vote in for the ornaments. just wanted to explain to you why. :) xo

JJW said...

I love them all, but the Christmas lights are my favourite! They made me say "ohhhh" out loud at work.

Unknown said...

I like them all but the bulbs and the deer are my favs. I voted for the bulbs in the end - they are just so colorful and fun and I liked the spirit! Nice work, B!

arianna said...

Ohhh I didn't realize I could vote for more than one; now I understand why you used checkboxes instead of radio buttons. Okay, I put my vote in for both, then. :)

Unknown said...

Please feel free to vote for more than one! This wasn't too clear and I apologize! I can't change it now above the voting!!!

lhsc said...

I'm a friend of Ashley's. I like the deer the best but the bulbs were a close second.

Marsha said...

They are all very lovely designs. But the deer are clearly superior! :)

arianna said...

i ... just realized i have no idea why i thought the ORNAMENTS were non-denominational, what am i thinking?!? maybe because they weren't Christmas-y per se. i still stand by my favorites (ornaments, and bulbs), but perhaps the deer are a better choice since they are the least specific. and very pretty, and peaceful. i...clearly am bad at deciding. you know i love all of your art anyway. sorry i'm not much help in choosing, though! xo

p.s. i promise i'm not commenting a ton in order to get more chances to win. ;)

Diamond Baking Co. said...

I like the bulbs! I don't celebrate x-mas, but I still like them! It's all about the season and my favorite thing about x-mas is seeing all the pretty lights around the neighborhoods!

Patrick Girvin said...

Is it any surprise that I choose the design with a rainbow of color on it? Go Bulbs!

Anonymous said...

loved the bulbs...gave me happy christmas memories of my childhood! (friend of ashleys!)

Lynda with a Y said...

The deer are peaceful and beautiful; and the bulbs are cheerful and whimsical. I like them both!

Anonymous said...

I love the bulbs, these are the old fashion ones that bring childhood memories. Yes we did have these bulbs in Colombia, for those of you wondering ;) ... Actually we still do, I think.

-c

Cspot said...

I like the ornaments because they are vintage-esque and I'm wicked into vintage these days. I blame it all on Mad Men.

Anonymous said...

i really like the string of lights, but somehow i wish they were on a cheerier (is that a word?) background color? i like them just as they are, too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany! I love the ornaments. Sorry, the bulbs remind me of the lights we, still to this day, use on our christmas tree at my parents house. Picture those with the fat thick tinsle! Anyways, I love the ornaments. So simple. And the message is perfect! :)

Anonymous said...

Tough choice between bulbs and deer. I have to agree about the background color; what made me choose deer was the more warm feeling of that card on the brown chipboard vs. the bulbs on the white cardstock. While I do like the ornaments as well, not seeing FG Bethany on the front was disappointing... :-)

Nicole Chang said...

As Lynda with a Y said, the bulbs are whimsical. To add to that, I'd love to see some whimsical text strung across the top of the card!

Tina said...

I too like the vintage style of the ornaments and the simplicity of the shapes. Oh and that fun chipboard...that swayed me on this one vs the bulbs.