Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

Playing With Beet Juice and Raspberries

Untitled, 5x5 inches. I was trying to draw these raspberries one day a couple of weekends ago. I got so frustrated I smushed them into the clayboard and spread them around. I liked the background color. I had some beet juice/salad dressing (by the way: steamed green beans, canned beets and Maple Grove's Lime Basil Vinaigrette make a nice salad!) left over from lunch and poured that on the clayboard too. I let it dry and then worked into it with watercolors (of the leaves I picked up when walking Ernie -- thanks Ern!) and the fly stamp I made.

I had fun with this.

4 comments:

Marsha said...

That looks so cool. And it sounds like a lot of fun to make, too.

Anonymous said...

Very nice...I like it!

Dad

Unknown said...

Marsha: It WAS so fun! And I put less waste into the environment because I made it into ART!

Dad: Thank you, I love beets!

arianna said...

Yeah, way to really use your frustration. Neat project.