Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

I've Missed You!

I feel like I haven't written in a month! Oh, I haven't! Sorry about that! It's been a busy month, getting ready for the holidays -- I know, when you sell stuff, holiday prep starts too early. Don't worry, I don't have a tree up in the studio and the Christmas music isn't playing yet (unless it accidentally jumps in when I have my iPod on shuffle...but that happens all year because I am too lazy to take my Christmas mix off the iPod in the off season). But right now I am relaxing in Prescott, Arizona while we visit Kevin's parents, so I have a moment where I can catch up here.

So what have I been up to? I have been designing and printing holiday cards. The ones I have done myself are only half printed and haven't been posted yet, but if you are nice I'll put in a little sneak peek and offer you a 10% discount if you preorder (preordering simply involves telling me how many you are interested in buying -- there is no commitment until you see the cards and like them in their final state!) by Monday, November 16. The dachshunds are printed as flat cards with translucent envelopes -- but again, order by November 16th, and get a 10% discount. Sorry the pictures are only the digital images and the colors are also off. I didn't have time to take pictures before we left and didn't get time to print the Portuguese Water Dog card before leaving either.

The ones I did with my friend Melanie for our collaboration are printed and will be available on our etsy website very soon. The discount period is now over. Again, unfortunately all I have available are the digital images, but once they are available on etsy, the actual photos will be available.

Prices for all cards (before the discount) are:
1 card: $4.00
10 cards: $25.00
50 cards: $100.00
100 cards: $175.00

What else? Shows, shows, shows.

I entered five framed pieces, ten unframed pieces, and twenty cards into the Danforth Museum's Holiday Sale. This sale, located in Framingham, MA, runs until December 13th. This is a wonderful, intimate sale of local artists.

I entered two framed and two unframed pieces into the School of the Museum of Fine Arts's InsideOut Sale. This world reknowned sale runs November 18-22. For the first time in public, I will be displaying Message in a Bottle (which I still need to get an actual picture of for this blog -- I only have the image of it digitally, before printing).

Finally, November 22 also marks the day of my own Open Studio/Holiday Sale. From 11-5 in Waltham, it will feature about ten artists selling photos, cards, fine art, knitting, jewelry, stained glass, and everything in between.

Whew!

Hope to see you!

P.S. Again, sorry for my lack of actual photographs! It's been so hard to find the time to photograph the work after it's actually done.

No comments: