Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Drawing A Day 11.13.07

So, many moons ago, I decided to do a drawing a day on 6x6 inch paper and post about it. That lasted about 6 days.

I found the 6x6 pad of paper today. I want to retry this. But my rules won't be so strict. I am going to try to do one a day, generally between 30 minutes to one hour. I like this amount of time because it forces me to focus, but if I am getting frustrated, I know there is an end in sight. Of course, I won't just abandon the drawing if I am loving it. Maybe I'll spend five hours on it that day. Maybe I'll scan it after an hour and come back to it in a week. I don't know. I am not going to lose sleep over it if I don't do one a day though. It doesn't have to be a drawing in the typical sense of the word. I do want to keep it to 6x6. I am not going to post all of them, but at the same time, I am not going to post only the ones I like.

On that note, to start off, I don't like this one in the physical sense. Its too dark, not enough contrast. But I like it in the sense that it is the old college try and I like it in the sense that I am a bit rusty from not having done this in so long...And I am going to try again, and that counts...

I decided to draw one of my jewelry tools (yeah, I make simple jewelry on the side. You can see some of it -- where else? -- my etsy store.) Anyway, I thought this would be a good thing to draw since the jewelry is also something I have rediscovered recently. Anyway, I drew this for 30 minutes while listening to Jess Klein. I thought her song Darkroom would motivate me with its, well, you know, photography/visual arts theme. It helped. Music usually does.

That's it for now.

No comments: