Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

A Drawing A Day, 2.15.2008

I am loving watercolors again. I am still trying to learn how to use them without making things muddy, but I just love them. I think I love the light feeling they emit.

Not thrilled with the pears, but alas, at least I had fun. I think I overworked them a bit. I also am not thrilled with how I trimmed them, but the paper ripped as I tried to cut it off the block.

I know pears are so cliche, but I am really into doing organic things right now, and it being winter and all, I am limited on the organic things around me.

3 comments:

Christy Amular said...

Among the organic/botanical subjects, I think pears are the prettiest. They will always be a classic subject.

Beautiful work, Bethany! :)

Cakespy said...

Love this pair of pears, Bethany! I like the looseness to them, I don't find them overworked.

Unknown said...

Christy: I think you are right, they are quite pretty subject matter -- and thank you for your feedback/compliment!

Miss Cakespy: a true watercolor expert you are, so thank you for your compliment!