I haven't posted in a while. I think that is good actually, as it means I am busy making/creating. Lots of freelance. Have been working on and off for a while on the new/modified design for One Pearl...this one has been challenging and fun and it is still in progress. Great cause.
Also have been trying to define "belief" and figure out how in the world to illustrate it.
Have been working on my sister's site for ReBook. Unfortunately, the old site was outdated, hard-to-update, clunky looking...I designed it my earlier days when I thought it was so cool to design everything as an image and chop it up and post it on the web. It is still in progress and some of the functionality doesn't work -- don't try to send a message using the form just yet...but the mailing list form works -- thanks, A! Are web pages ever done?
Did a few prints off of the design for ReBook...one of which I will add to my donation prints on Etsy.
Both are mixed media, printed on the pages from a very old and outdated Nancy Drew book -- this book actually refers to "colored people," which is why I am glad I tore the pages out. Outdated books like this don't need to be in existence! Ha, looks like the book I tore up, The Clue of the Tapping Heels, is 70 years old, published in 1939!
Anyway, I tried two different ways of going about this. One was I actually glued two ripped pages on a larger stock so I could print my favorite size, 6x6 inches. I probably should have glued the pages together, cut them to 6x6 inches and then adhered them to a larger page, but I was a little more "spontaneous" than that, so some of the have lines going right through the girl's head where the paper ends. Something to think about. But on the more ripped pages, I kind of like that effect, so we will have to see.
The other I printed directly on to a page. I had to shrink the image significantly. One thing I liked about this was that I had printed a purple background that I hated, so I printed over in copper...I love the depth that this created.
Additionally, I have been experimenting with Jacquard screen printing inks, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. I am really learning how they work...it takes some practice. They were drying quickly so I added glycerin, and I really liked how that worked. Unfortunately, I learned my lesson the hard way -- a lot is not better. The blue ink took forever to dry when I added a little too much glycerin!
I made a cool invite/greeting card that I am also happy with, but that will also have to be for another time as I want the guest of honor to be surprised by it when her party happens in later June.
At the same time, unfortunately, my page-a-day and my drawing-a-day have become more neglected.