Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Flight Patterns

When I was in school I used to love to work with patterns. I'd then make them into tongue-in-cheek clothes with my poor sewing skills.

Examples were the boxers with the crabs and the dress with the dress pattern on it...

I had forgotten how much I loved this...today I stared playing with my birds in a pattern. Not loving it, but still super fun.

I think I also need to rework some projects from college that I can now redo with more experience and skill, because the concepts are certainly there!

Maybe I'll play around with printing them on one of the any fabric on demand sites that are out there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, see, i love that! i think it looks really cool :)

Anonymous said...

that above comment was by me, btw.

~pam

Unknown said...

thanks, Pam!!!!

scrackle said...

I think that pattern is beautiful, B. I could see it on a bedspread, or a skirt. And definitely a lovely stationary or paper design

Unknown said...

thanks rach! so many ideas!

Club Penguin said...

That's a pretty pattern. Maybe you can do some other work with it. I think its' important to express your creativity and this seems to be one of the things you enjoy and have since you were a child.

Patterns said...

I didn't even see that those were birds. I thought they were leaves. Cool.