Pages

Friday, January 18, 2008

Page A Day (Humble Beginnings)

I am finally posting the Page A Day images in the color calendar (see below -- or link here -- for the last entry about this calendar). For a complete listing over time, continue to check here, but I will also post them by the handful on this blog.

I want to st
art off by saying sometimes these are five minute exercises, just forcing me to do something creative for the day. However, once I do them in the book, they are committed to the book, and therefore I will post them to this page, no matter how bad or how boring they may be.

I hope not to skip any days with this project (aside from the fact that the book arrived on January 7, and I therefore skipped the first 6 days of the year) but I do understand that sometimes its just not possible, so maybe there won't be something for the day. But I will post that blank page if I don't do anything on it. Most of all, I hope you enjoy my creative journey...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, that looks so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bee send me a cup cake recipe of your own invention...;-)

arianna said...

I love the idea & it looks great (and so colorful!), but it'd be nice if we could see your work better! Or do you prefer that it's not up-close? I can understand that, too. But let us readers know! Because I feel like I can't actually see what you did, the images are way too small. And I understand that part of it is just to keep you on track, and we don't have to see everything in detail. But I'm interested to see more of your process...if you feel like sharing? :)

arianna said...

...Okay, so I'm slow & I read that on my phone, so I didn't realize that you had the closeups at Picasa. I'm sorry! My mistake. But please be sure to post that link every time? Or make it a permanent link on your sidebar? Because it'd be nice to check out your work more closely; I understand that you don't want to post huge pictures of each on your blog itself.

Sorry again!

Anonymous said...

I recommend joining Flickr and uploading larger versions of your images. You can then add them to groups related to what you are doing for more exposure... if that's what you want. Lots of artists do that. Add a watermark and keep the images smallish if you're worried people will steal your work. And if you join, I'm abbyladybug! So add me!

Unknown said...

Abby pointed out that the links were not working. Thanks Abby! Still working on perfecting this! The should work now!