Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

MyFonts Rising Stars

I know, it has been a while. I have been busy working on bigger projects. Right now I am trying to do one that focuses on the theme of "Kitchen" for a show I want to enter. My original goal a long while ago was to enter a show quarterly. I wasn't very good at this but I love the idea and I am going to try to start that up again.

So, MyFonts sends out a monthly email called Rising Stars, and my font (previously mentioned here) got quite a good review:


Bethany font sample
Font Garden’s Ellinor Maria Rapp has been keeping a rather low profile since we interviewed her back in December. Now she’s back with a vengeance. Selling a staggering number of copies in a few weeks, her new font Bethany has confidently strolled to the number one spot on our Starlets list. Bethany is as spirited as any of Font Garden’s handwriting fonts, even maintaining a spontaneous authenticy when setting heavily-accented languages. And for those who have trouble hand-drawing a smiley, Bethany has two of them to use on your computer.
Thanks to Tina for forwarding me this review and for encouraging me to submit my font to the FontGarden as well! My favorite parts of this review? "...Bethany has confidently strolled to the number one spot..." and the fact that they used "material girl" as the words for the sample text. Little Bethany history for you...when I was about five, I was listening to the radio and shortly after went into the kitchen singing, "Because we are living in a Cheerio world and I am a Cheerio girl..."My sister commented on the hand-drawn smiley, which I don't recall being asked to do, but I think Ellinor cleverly pulled it when I wrote some comments to her about my writing -- yes, I have a habit of putting a lot of smileys in my notes -- how seventh grade!

3 comments:

Cakespy said...

Congratulations! It really is a stunning typestyle, and I love the smiley face! Yay!

/// said...

Oh wow--- congratulations! And I love your font! :)

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks Cakespy and Design for Mankind! Its funny the things that are a daily part of our life that you take for granted -- and it turns out to be so popular! Although, I must say, as an artist, over the years I have picked up parts of people's handwriting that I love...so it was part natural and part artistic eye that created my "look".