Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

In Progress...Taking a Step Back...

So I am kind of at this point I need to take a step back and look at this print. Something is missing I think, which is a struggle because I want to keep the simplicity of it as well.

Further, I want the clothes to be the focus of the print, and that's not happening.

And I don't like the navy blue in the pallette, but I am not sure what other color to use because clearly I need one more. Grey?

Not sure about the ground. Thought I might need it to offset the sky. I'd like it to be graphic as opposed to drawn, but at the same time, I want this to be a print, a drawing, not graphic design. Does this make sense?

Just kind of talking myself through the process...thanks for coming along for the ride.

Ok, I am going out to try and get some pictures of flying birds, because this one is not mine...I just borrowed it for the sketch...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I actually like the bird- it's surreal and reminds me of Magritte. The print is beautiful, the only thing I would change would be the clouds, they are a bit distracting.