Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's been a while...


So it has been a while, and I just wanted to let you all know I am still alive and still creating...its just been a lot of projects that I am working out and not ready to share. I am deeply involved in my new studio space now, so I think my projects posted might be few and far between, but when I do post, hopefully it will be larger projects.

These women here (for those of you that know me, can you find me?!) are part of a project on female body image I am working on. Not exactly sure where it is going, but I have some ideas...for now I have been working on silhouettes when I have a free moment. (Ladies, if you want to particpate, I would LOVE you to...just send me a full length picture of you in a bathing suit (or underwear is fine) as well as your height.)

*And yes, I will make this image more diverse (or less Caucasian) eventually. Again, this is a work in progress and I am just color coding for now, need to work out colors later.*

Hopefully I will motivate as well in the next couple days to scan and post my page a day...

2 comments:

Cakespy said...

I love that image! It's lovely. But a pic of me in a bathing suit?? I live in Seattle! We don't have bathing suit weather here!

Unknown said...

i know, I know, it is a lot to ask, but even if we don't have bathing suit weather (or we do and we are just never "ready" for it) we shouldn't be ashamed of our bodies. I know, I know...maybe a cupcake in a bathing suit...;)

Also, I am having a hard time finding women who are not models in bathing suits. This is SO sad.