Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Drawing A Day, 6.26.08

After way too long, I am back with A Drawing A Day (What is this? A Drawing a Quarter?!). And guess what? I am loving it. If I have an unproductive day or I can't get motivated, I just feel like at least I have done something. Yes, that is exactly how I have been feeling. And I feel good about this watercolor. I am going to keep doing cupcakes because I love the and they are popular with the audiences right now, and it's really neat to see how my drawings change over time.

I have realized how much I love working with a practically dry brush on this clayboard.

This one is quite small, only 4"x4". I love the intimacy of such a small painting -- both while making it and in the end, looking at it.

A couple notes to self:
  1. Do this more often. It makes you feel good.
  2. You also like using black Bravo markers -- a lot.
  3. Good thing I am making this "note to self" list. I can't even remember the last of the three in a span of minutes. Oh well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is the perfect green cupcake i have ever seen!

Jen K.

Unknown said...

Aw, thanks Jen!